Thursday 9 May 2013

3D images - Anaglyph Effect



These photos are taken by Brad Carlile, They were all created by shooting a multiple exposure using a slide film with No use of photoshop. I attempted a multiple exposure but it did not come out well as the camera experienced shake throughout the process although i did use a tripod. I stuck this photos in my exam book but decided because i was still inspired by Brads photos I would attempt again on my digital camera. I am more intreested in photographing people then places so I transferred my interest of his work onto something I thought i would enjoy creating and photographed people in a studio with the use of studio lights so that I could have a clear background and edited the images so they would have a 3D effect. I found a tutorial on the internet that broke it down well and I picked up the process pretty fast. 

I really enjoyed this tutorial it brings the photos more to life when you view them with 3D glasses but even without glasses they appear to have more dimensions and I feel like i can see movement/ depth in the images if I squint my eyes.











  



 



 
 
 

 








 These are further experiments I created on photoshop by following a colour negative tutorial on youtube. I went on to experiment further because when I was finished editing all my photos and went back to my inspiration i noticed that his images were so colourful and vibrant that my edits seemed quite dull. These last two that made feel like more of a success because they are not natural colours and has clearly been manipulated in some way which i think relates it more to Brad Carlile.

Also the overlapping layers of each person in the photos makes it seem like their body is apart and you can see different layers and shades and shadows created by this. This experiment was a success in my eyes, I enjoyed doing it and would do it again, Next time i could try to include a room and maybe scan the photos in and add colour to the film photos on photoshop, or do it by hand using paints or tone the prints by using food dyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment